Instead of pairing soybeans with the usual Asian flavors, this recipe calls for chipotle chiles (they add smoky flavor) and cumin.
- 14 ounces of frozen edamame in the pods
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 chipotle in adobo - stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the edamame and cook for about 4 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil with the minced chipotle, minced garlic and ground cumin.
- Add the edamame pods and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is softened (one-two minutes).
- Season the edamame with salt and black pepper and transfer to a bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature.